1. ICWC affirms the Holy Bible (Old and New Testaments) as the inspired, life-giving Word of God and as the only basis of its beliefs. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. ICWC believes that God created the heavens and the earth, including all life, "each after its own kind," by direct act, and not by the process of evolution. (Genesis 1:1-2; Colossians 1:16-17, John 1:3).
3. ICWC believes in one living and eternal Triune God, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, who is the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Mark 12:29; Matthew 28:19)
4. ICWC believes that Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, came into this world in order that He might reveal God, fulfill prophecy, and redeem sinful man. We believe that Jesus Christ is the visible image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation, the creator and sustainer of heaven and earth, and the Head of the church. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is now in heaven, exalted to the right hand of God where, as High Priest to His people, He serves as our Advocate and intercedes for us. (Colossians 1:15-19; Hebrews 1:3; 3:1; 7:23-25; 1 John 2:1-2, John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
5. ICWC believes God the Holy Spirit is a person who restrains evil in the world and convicts men of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He dwells in all who believe in Jesus. (John 16:7-11; John 3:8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 13; John 14:16-17; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:19)
6. ICWC believes salvation is a sovereign gift of God and is received by man through personal faith in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for sin. We believe that faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ is the only condition of salvation from sin and this salvation is wholly by grace; that no works, however good, make the salvation more secure. (Acts 13:38-39; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 1:4-5 & 2:8-10; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 10:9-10)
7. ICWC believes that Christ will come again in glory, to judge us and this world, and to establish His kingdom by making new all things in heaven and earth. (2 Timothy 4:1-5 ; Revelation 21:1-4)
8. ICWC believes in two Sacraments: Baptism and Holy Eucharist/Communion or Lord's Supper. We believe baptism is not a means of salvation but the visible sign of obedience to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ's command and His symbolic death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. ICWC affirms the Sacrament of Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming. (Mark 1:4; Luke 3:3; Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:4; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
9. ICWC believes that everyone is equal in the eyes of God and no one should be discriminated on any grounds. (Galatians 3:26-28)
10. Marriage at ICWC will always be defined as unity of one man with one woman in covenant and commitment for a lifetime with God as instituted in the Bible. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between one man and one woman and any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God's gift of sex. Further, we believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one's gender by surgery or appearance and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one's birth gender is immoral and therefore sin. Gender is based only on their biological sex and not by one's feelings. (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:18-25, Genesis 19:5, 13, Genesis 26:8-9, Lev. 18:1-30, Deuteronomy 22:5, Romans 1:26-29, 1Corinthians 5:1, 6:9, 1 Thessalonians. 4:1-8, Hebrews 13:4)
11. ICWC affirms the Apostles' Creed and Nicene Creed.